If you only picture beaches and tequila when you think of Mexico, let us introduce you to some amazing things to do that are not beaches or all-inclusive resorts! Spend a couple weeks in Mexico and explore beyond Señor Frogs; here are some great suggestions for things to do. Hint: Not even one of them is lounging on a beach!
- Learn Mexican History and Culture
Learn about Mexican history and culture by visiting some of the country’s many historical sites. One of the most popular is the ancient city of Teotihuacan, located just outside Mexico City. Here you can see some of the oldest and most impressive architecture in the Western Hemisphere, including the Temple of Quetzalcoatl and the Pyramid of the Sun.
- Visit the Beach!
If you’re looking for a beach vacation, there are plenty of beautiful beaches to choose from along Mexico’s Pacific and Atlantic coasts. But if you want to get away from all the tourists, consider checking out some of the country’s smaller coastal towns or head inland to one of the many amazing lakes.
- Hike in National Parks
Take a trip to one of Mexico’s beautiful national parks. The most popular is the Copper Canyon, but there are also parks located in the Yucatan Peninsula, the Sierra Madre Occidental, and other areas. Hike through the forests, go bird watching, rappel down waterfalls, or just relax and take in the amazing scenery.
- Visit the Zoo
Mexico is home to a wide variety of animals, both native and introduced. Visit one of the many zoos or wildlife sanctuaries to see lions, tigers, elephants, giraffes, and more. Or if you’d rather see them in their natural environment, go on a safari tour through one of Mexico’s many jungle or rainforest regions.
- Bask in Amazing Views
Speaking of nature, Mexico is also home to some amazing landscapes. Take a road trip through the country’s varied terrain, from the deserts in the north to the rainforests in the south. You’ll see everything from cacti to volcanoes!
- Go On A Mexican Food Crawl
Of course, no trip to Mexico would be complete without trying some of the local cuisine. From tacos and enchiladas to pozole and chilaquiles, there’s something for everyone. And don’t forget the margaritas!
Here are the other places you can visit in Mexico:
- In Mexico City, visitors can explore ancient ruins at Teotihuacan, enjoy world-class museums such as the Museum of Anthropology, and take in the vibrant nightlife.
- The Yucatan Peninsula is home to beautiful beaches, cenotes (sunken caves), Mayan ruins, and lively towns like Playa del Carmen and Cancun.
- The Baja Peninsula is a popular destination for whale watching, diving, and fishing. It also has stunning desert landscapes and colonial villages.
- In Chiapas, visitors can explore the Mayan ruins at Palenque, go swimming in waterfalls, and experience the vibrant culture of the indigenous people.
- In Oaxaca, visitors can enjoy the delicious food, explore ancient ruins, and take part in traditional festivals.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your Mexican adventure today!