According to recent reports, Costa Rica has become a top tourist destination for those looking to explore Latin American culture. The nation’s diverse landscape – featuring everything from rich green jungles and powerful waterfalls to pristine beaches – is a big draw, as is the ease of access to many tourist hotspots.
Costa Rica also offers a great gateway to Latin American culture, with most people speaking English and plenty of tour companies, hostels and hotels available. Additionally, the country’s public transportation options are highly accessible and affordable.
Costa Rica is a small Central American country with plenty to offer tourists. Whether you’re looking for stunning nature scenery, vibrant nightlife, or interesting historical sites, Costa Rica has something for everyone. Here are some of the best places to visit and things to do in Costa Rica:
The capital city of San Jose is a great place to start your exploration of Costa Rica. The city is full of interesting historical sites, including the National Museum and the Jade Museum. San Jose also has a lively nightlife scene, with plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.
If you’re looking for beautiful natural scenery, head to the rainforest town of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. This town is located on the Caribbean coast and is surrounded by lush rainforest and stunning beaches. It’s also a great place to go for some adventure activities, such as zip lining and surfing.
If you’re looking for some culture and history, the city of Cartago is a great option. This city is home to several beautiful churches, including the Basilica de Nuestra Señora de los Ángeles. Cartago is also the birthplace of Costa Rican independence, and there are plenty of museums and historical sites to explore here.
No matter what you’re looking for, Costa Rica has something for you. So get out there and start exploring! Here are more specific places you can visit when you are in Costa Rica:
1. Visit the Arenal Volcano National Park – This park is home to one of the most active volcanoes in Central America. Visitors can hike to the summit, or take a guided tour of the volcano’s crater.
2. Explore Manuel Antonio National Park – This park is known for its beautiful beaches and lush rainforest. Visitors can go swimming, hiking, or wildlife watching in the park.
3. Take a zip line tour – Zip lining is a popular activity in Costa Rica, and there are several tours available that will take you through the rainforest canopy.
4. Go white water rafting – Costa Rica is home to some of the best white water rafting in the world, and there are several rivers that offer challenging rapids for thrill seekers.
5. Visit a coffee plantation – Costa Rica is one of the world’s top coffee producers, and visitors can tour coffee plantations to learn about the coffee-making process.
6. Take a surfing lesson – Costa Rica is a great place to learn how to surf, and there are plenty of beaches where beginners can take lessons from experienced instructors.
7. Visit a nature reserve – Costa Rica is home to dozens of nature reserves, which offer visitors the chance to see a variety of different animals and plants.
8. Go zip lining – Costa Rica is home to some of the best zip lining in the world, and there are several tours available that will take you through the rainforest canopy.
9. Take a canopy tour – A canopy tour is a great way to see the rainforest from a different perspective. Visitors can walk through the treetops on suspension bridges, or ride on ziplines between platforms.
10. Relax on the beach – Costa Rica is well known for its beautiful beaches, and visitors can relax on the sand, go swimming, surfing, or snorkeling in the ocean.