If you’re looking for a country that is jam-packed with culture, history and natural beauty, then look no further than Greece. Greece is a country with a lot to offer visitors. From the amazing ancient ruins to the stunningly beautiful coastline, there’s something for everyone in Greece.
This fascinating country is made up of a series of idyllic islands that are surrounded by stunning seas and are filled with pretty white buildings. You’ll also find ancient ruins, engaging museums and plenty of coastal towns to explore. Here are the things you can do while visiting Greece:
- Go sightseeing in Athens. The city is full of ancient ruins, including the Acropolis and Parthenon. There’s also a great nightlife scene, with plenty of bars and clubs to choose from.
- Visit the islands. Greece is famous for its stunningly beautiful islands, which offer everything from sandy beaches to rugged mountain scenery. Mykonos, Santorini, and Crete are just a few of the best-known islands in Greece.
- Try the traditional food. Greek cuisine is famous for its delicious, healthy dishes. Some of the best-known Greek dishes include Moussaka, Gyros, and Spanakopita.
- Go swimming. Greece has some of the best beaches in Europe, with crystal-clear water and stunningly white sand beaches. Whether you’re looking for a quiet beach to relax on or a party beach filled with bars and clubs, Greece has something for everyone.
Here are some of the best places to visit in Greece:
- Athens: Athens is the capital city of Greece and is home to some of the most well-known historical landmarks in the world. The Acropolis Museum is a must-visit, as is the Parthenon Temple. Other popular attractions include the National Archaeological Museum, the Olympic Stadium and the Benaki Museum.
- Santorini: Santorini is a volcanic island that is renowned for its dramatic cliff-top villages, stunning sunsets and crystal-clear waters. The main town on the island is Fira, which is located high up on a cliff and offers amazing views over the caldera. Other popular towns and villages to visit include Oia, Imerovigli and Pyrgos.
- Mykonos: Mykonos is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Greece and is known for its vibrant nightlife, sandy beaches and whitewashed buildings. The capital town of Mykonos is Chora, which is located on the north coast of the island. Some other popular towns and villages to visit include Ano Mera, Platys Gialos and Paraga.
- Crete: Crete is the largest of the Greek islands and is a popular destination for those looking for a mix of culture, history and natural beauty. The capital city of Heraklion is home to some interesting historical attractions, such as the Palace of Knossos. Other popular places to visit on the island include the Samaria Gorge, the Venetian Harbor of Chania and the beaches of Elafonissi.
There are so many amazing things to do and see in Greece that it’s difficult to fit them all into one article. But these are a few of the top attractions that should not be missed on a trip to this enchanting country.